To: "Mike Pedersen" <Michael Pedersen Sun COM>
Cc: <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:39 AM
Subject: Dectalk 5 test results.

Hi, all.
I have been spending the past couple of hours testing Dectalk 5 with
Orca 0.25, gnome-speech 04.0, on Ubuntu 6.06 and it is working fine. So
we can certainly say for sure that it does work with current assistive
technologies under Linux.
In fact the only strange thing I noticed is when I ran test-speech after
installing Dectalk 5 and building gnome-speech 04.0 test speech
identified it as running 4.6.1 which has never been installed on this
Ubuntu installation.
Some good things I noticed is Dectalk 5 is certainly more responsive
than Dectalk 4.6.1 or festival. Sounds better than either goes without
saying. Smile.