accessible ubuntu correction

I think I've figured this out. The timing for when the boot menu appears on screen must be controlled by a random number generator. Earlier today I thought the time to start keying things in was right after the post test beep, well all of this evening I've been trying to get speech up so I could do an install and only once was that done after the system finished coming up. Seems the keystrokes during boot up had no effect for whatever reason. I have heard the screen doing several series of double clicks but have no idea of their significance. Once I got into the file menu with the f10 key but creating a new window and trying to use that to launch install or espresso was not permitted by ubuntu for whatever reason. Whenever gnopernicus was either taken out of focus or minimized it would not work with any of the other applications I tried on the live cd. Now, here's an idea that may make it possible for people with fine motor deficits to use the computer's mouse. Make speaking mouse targets larger and place them consistently on the screen. For example have only four targets and place each in a corner and make those targets when on the screen cover the screen so it would look like a four tiles arrangement with 2 across the top and 2 across the bottom. a 3 x 3 similar arrangement could have application with 6 menu choices a next screen tile a previous screen tile and a screen-context-sensitive help tile.