Re: newbie question: howto start using glom ?

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 14:19 -0400, nwm csur ca wrote:
[snip]
debug: command_line: /usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/bin/initdb -D
"/root/TestingToo/glom_postgres_data/data" -U MyOwn
--pwfile="/tmp/glom_initdb_pwfile"

  debug: thread start
initdb: cannot be run as root
Please log in (using, e.g., "su") as the (unprivileged) user that will
own the server process.
  debug: in thread: signalling condition
Error while attempting to create self-hosting database.
debug: calling stop_self_hosting_of_document_database()
[snip]

Thanks for the detective work. I don't think that explains every time
that it fails, but it probably explains some of them.

I'll try to add a check for running-as-root before we get that far, so
we can give a more useful warning. I think it's a sensible restriction
for an application that uses the network.

If anyone has clues about how to discover if we are root, I'd appreciate
that.