Re: newbie question: howto start using glom ?

Hi Murray!

[Norman]
I think it might be due <some erroneous bla-bla here>

[Murray]
I don't think so. But you could test your theory by stopping the main
postgres server before starting glom. In Ubuntu you can do that with the
Services control panel.

I did and you're quite right: it wasn't so.  Thanks!  :)
But then, I did something a bit better:
I started glom from an xterm console and recorded its output
while I tried creating a new database from an example (yes,
it failed the same way at the same point: when creating the
first user).

Here is what I recorded (note that I do run programs as root by
long habit, as I've always done so on Unix and consorts since 1982
when I moved from DEC operating systems to the original BSD Unix).