[Glade-users] two easy-to-implement glade interface suggestions

Christopher Cramer wrote:

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 11:47:37AM -0600, Neil Zanella wrote:

Concerning the current implementation, there are several situations where
the
following scenario takes place: I have several windows scattered all over my
desktop, usually two mozilla windows and 22 or so glade windows (which I
should be closing, but nevertheless, you get the idea, my desktop ends up
being cluttered...

Now I want to bring up the property editor: so I need to click on
View -> Show Property Editor

Actually, I think it would be nice if the property editor was always
on top. The palette is always on top, but I need to get to the property
editor far more often than the palette.

Hm... That's why Glade has multi-window interface, I guess. In most
modern window managers you can setup to automatically hold certain
windows on top of others (I know it is possible in IceWM, WMaker, KDE,
Gnome/Sawfish etc.). Also, a WM can save this information for you.

Unfortunately it is not a feature under Windows :(

--
Dmitry Kostenko
.NET Developer