[Glade-users] two easy-to-implement glade interface suggestions

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:37:56 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristan van berkom gmail com> wrote:

I agree about the fact that users in several situations enjoy being able to
place windows wherever they like, and as I said, when windows are large, you
can't really do this. It depends on the user though and the size of the windows
though, and this is indeed a feature requires some more time to implement...

One thing that might improve usability in glade3 is session management, this way
every time you open glade, you would find all your windows positioned and sized
the way you set them up the last time you used glade.

OK, this is what I really want to comment on about your post. I want
to suggest that
if you are going to implement it, then please, please, extremely large
please, when
you quit, do display a dialog box asking the user whether the current
state of the
windows should be displayed. One of the top reasons for me quitting glade is
that there are too many glade windows open, so I quit just so I can restart
with all the clutter gone. In any case, you should allow the user to discard
the state of the window layout in some way or another, cause I know,
popups are annoying, so popups are not the best solution to this
problem perhaps, but some way of disabling / resetting the state
should definitely be included if you are going to implement this.

I'm not sure how far down the road we are for that feature but I know
its part of
the plan (it might not be workable in the first release).

Thank you for your time and replies,

Best Regards,

Neil