[Glade-users] GtkTreeView - row select event?

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 11:34:25 +0200
R=E9mi Cohen-Scali <Remi Cohen-Scali com> wrote:

Yes you can then test if there's a selection with 'get_selected'.
Another way exists by registering a select func.
here is an example of code (from gpdf):

I did a much more simpler thing, maybe this will frighten people who read
this less (the requirement is that only one item gets selected, of
course):

void
on_card_view_cursor_changed            (GtkTreeView     *treeview,
                                        gpointer         user_data)
{
  GtkTreeModel *tstore;
  GtkTreeSelection *tsel;
  GtkTreeIter iter;
  GValue value;

  memset (&value, 0, sizeof (value));
  tsel =3D gtk_tree_view_get_selection(treeview);
  if (gtk_tree_selection_get_selected(tsel, &tstore, &iter)) {
    gtk_tree_model_get_value(tstore, &iter, 1, &value);
    do_something_with_this(g_value_get_uint(&value));
  }
}

Note: I have two values in each iter: A name, and a number which I use to
look up records in a database. I pass the number to the
'do_something_with_this' function to show the record on a form.

Hope this helps someone...

John