[Glade-devel] ShortCuts

Juan Pablo Ugarte wrote:
[...]
    - In glade_app_set_accel_group() we wont assume that no projects
      are currently open, so in that function we loop over
      app->priv->projects and set them accordingly (this way its safe
      to be called after any projects have been loaded).

Well... I assume that would be an application issue. (using
glade_app_get_projects() + glade_project_set_accel_group())

I thought it was appropriate for the glade-app api to take
care of that, anyway; it does now :)

Will GladeProjectWindow be used in others applications (anjuta) or it's
only part of glade3?

GladeProjectWindow is part of the glade-3 application, so the
answer is no, its not linked into any other programs.

    One slight "ick" I'm feeling about this is that in
glade_project_set_accel_group() we simply call
gtk_window_add_accel_group() without any thought of removeing any
previously set groups, since I dont think thats really a valid
use case, I'll just file a bugzilla and not worry about that for
now.

The only thing I could think of is saving the accelgroup pointer using
g_object_set_data and if there is someone already set, remove it.

Hmmm,
     I thought putting a accel_group pointer on the GladeProject
would be enough, maybe we'd get warnings/errors while removing
them from windows to which they were never added though.

Like I said, its not really important since I cant really envision
why someone would want to change the accel group dynamicly.

PD: I am using gcc 4 (Debian unstable) and there are a lot of warnings
("glade-xml-utils.c:129: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1
of 'strlen' differ in signedness")
What should we do?

Ahhh,
    that must be because of xmlChar definitions, from a glance at
the libxml2 docs, we need to be using the BAD_CAST macro for all
the const strings that are passed into the glade-xml-utils api
for comparisons... nice catch; gcc 4 is looking good ;-p