[Gimp-user] Quicker way to audition fonts?

The GIMP fonts folder is empty. Since I'm using GIMP 2.8, I thought
maybe the font folder would show up if I upgraded to the new GIMP
2.10. I did and it's font folder is empty too.

I had a feeling that might be the case. Gimp (any version) does not come with
fonts.

This means that all the fonts that you might have added are now in the Windows
structure. Not exactly system fonts but consider them that.

Never a good idea. Sooner or later you get a broken font that stops Gimp and and
is not easy to remove in Windows.

If you want fonts that are only for Gimp, put them in the Gimp profile fonts
folder, that is why it is there.

Also this new GIMP is
all black and not in color, except when I load in a project. Do I need
to uninstall and reinstall it again  or is the way the new GIMP looks?

Gimp 2.10 default theme is very dark grey. That is considered 'cool' these days,
even if it is virtually unreadable.

Change in Edit -> Preferences theme (and icon theme) as screenshot.

I would be nice if there was a font folder that had
all the Gimp fonts. Right now PrintMyFont is printing some Gimp fonts
and also some ones not in Gimp. It's not complete.

Well you do not have any in Gimp. PrintMyFont only 'sees' .ttf fonts There might
be some .otf fonts in there as well. I do not know, it is your computer. Want
something better? Nothing I know for free, you might have to buy something.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/967/original/theme.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)