[Gimp-user] Quicker way to audition fonts?

I see, I looked everywhere in the program except that box - ha ha. Yes
that works great. With the Sans filter I was able to export a PDF file
and then print it. But with this the list is so long my printer won't
print it. I'd love to print all the fonts for easy reference. What's
the best way to do this?

Thanks,

I normally use linux but if you are using Windows try this (freeware) one
https://www.sttmedia.com/printmyfonts

There is a linux version but it is missing the load fonts facility.
Unfortunately Windows version does not work under WINE. I catalogued the several
hundred google fonts in a Windows Virtual machine. Printing to PDF with A4
pages. example: https://i.imgur.com/maB5UzR.jpg

In Gimp? Add guides to split up the page. There are scripts to add multiple
guides.

Use Image -> Transform -> Guillotine to split into separate images

The attached script will write those separate images to a single PDF. Unzip.
There are two versions, one for Gimp 2.10 (cunning dev's changed the syntax)

The tedious bit, adding each image in the script dialogue.

best of luck

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/965/original/sg-save-pdf-multi.scm.zip