[Gimp-user] How can I hide text on a CD label template?

If you have Gimp text layers, do not copy and paste. You will lose the
text properties, what was a text layer becomes regular graphics.

What you can do is click-n-drag the text layer, from one image up into
the tab of another. That then becomes active, continue the drag down
into the canvas area before releasing the mouse. Takes a little
practice

Another way is: Open the CD template @ 300 ppi.

Then Open-as-Layers the previous work. Any text layers will still be
there, too small, but easy to increase the font size (x3) all other
layers can be deleted (or even resized if you think you can get away
with the reduced quality).

or

If you have the text (raw?) as a text file, that can be copied and
pasted into the Gimp text tool.

If you have done what most beginners do and export flattened (png /
jpg / pdf) images. Best plan is start again from scratch. Always
**save** your work as Gimp xcf files, that saves all layers, guides,
masks, etc Only when complete then **export** the image.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

I do have all my XCF files. I used tried this method:  click-n-drag the text
layer, from one image up into
the tab of another. It works really well and you're right the text is very very
tiny. I had to increase the font size from the original 40 to about 100. If not
this should do fine and save some time.
I tried this with a color background and it did fine, I just needed to scale the
size back up and position it. So with this method am I losing quality?

Of course I know I'm starting from scratch with the 2 pics importing them into
the 300 ppi template, that's fine.

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)