[Gimp-user] How can I hide text on a CD label template?

Well, an easy search brings up this. Looks like I got the size wrong.

https://support.discmakers.com/hc/en-us/articles/209098677--Using-our-Templates-with-Adobe-Photoshop

so you need these properties

Resolution: 300 pixels/inch (which makes more sense) :  Mode: CMYK
Color :  Bit Depth: 8bi

Import the pdf at 300 ppi which does give the correct canvas size.
Gimp is an 8 bit editor so that is ok.

CMYK is the problem - Try an online converter such as
http://www.pdf2cmyk.com/ and it looks like the GRACol2006 icc is the
one to use. (see the end of that webpage)

Great advice and info - thanks. So is 300dpi the same as 300 ppi? I see now that
I need to start all over importing the template at 300dpi not 100. I did a test
where I exported a PDF and see a big difference, so 300 it is. What is the
easiest way to copy from the finished work I've done to the 300 template?

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)