[Gimp-user] How can I hide text on a CD label template?

I'm designing the graphics for a CD. I've got all 4 panels done, but am having
trouble with the CD label. I'm using the PDF templates DiscMakers supplied, who
will be duplicating the CD.

The templates have guides showing the borders of the panels. I've colored the
panels with the bucket tool by creating a new layer and putting it on top of the
guide layer. I can easy adjust the size of the colored layer with the scale
tool.

With the actual CD label I'm not sure how to handle it since it's a circle with
a circular cutout in the center. I used to bucket tool to color the label by
just clicking on the label and it fills in nicely, but it doesn't cover the
lines and descriptive text on the guide layer.

Since I'm not supposed to include the guide layer when I upload the label to
DiscMakers, I wonder if I need to somehow separate the color on the label into a
new layer? how can I solve  this problem? I'm new to GIMP. I'm including the cd
label template with this post.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/823/original/UD109.pdf

--