Re: [Gimp-user] Help with Cropping

* SayCheeze <forums gimpusers com> [05-26-17 07:54]:
* SayCheeze <forums gimpusers com> [05-25-17 21:07]:
Maybe you should rethink.  dpi is a printer term, not a quality term
for
an image.  dpi represents the number of ink dots a printer places on
paper.  pixels per inch would be a measure of quality of an image.

Sure,,, I understand that.  My lab, who is a printer requires 200 dpi.

from their printers which *they* control, not you.  an image does not
present dots per inch and you cannot give them something not existing.  if
you/they are actually referring to pixels, ppi, use the correct term and
use it to describe the crop area of the image.  that capability *is*
provided by gimp and will lead you to less confusion.

also when describing a problem, using the wrong terms leads to incorrect
assumptions for those attempting to provide you a solution.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode