[Gimp-user] Help with Cropping

8"x10" at 200 ppi is 1600 x 2000 pixels.

If you can crop the image to this size and get what you want, you do
not
need additional steps.

If you do - i.e. if a 1600x2000 crop does not match up with what you
want to crop out of the original image - then a scale will become
necessary.

Can you provide a sample image and mark the area you want to retain
after the crop?
There is an unit drop-down list in the image window status bar - check
the View menu. This can also be set in GIMP's preferences.
Maybe to adjust the image resolution.

Hello Micheal.  I'll look into GIMP later today, when I get to the studio.  So
from what I've read, I have to convert  what I want the end result to be, i.e.
size crop and dpi to pixels, and use that number to achieve the desired size
crop?

I can provide a sample image but of course they would all vary on the end target
with regard to a crop.  My editing for my images are relatively minimal in
nature.

I crop 8x10
Tweak contrast if desired
I use the gradient tool [foreground to transparent]  in all 4 corners usually
I sharpen them
Save to .jpg for my lab to print proofs.

Done.

I guess I can make up a cheat sheet and stick it on the wall for all my usual
crops for orders to determine pixel count.

16x20's
11x14's
8x10's
5x7's