[Gimp-user] Problems Opening 2.8.20

* LeccyD <forums gimpusers com> [03-14-17 15:41]:
did you merge or flatten layers before saving?
I only see any version of windows on someone else's box and haven't
had
gimp there for years and much has changed.  sorry.

Wow, that's just strange, Patrick, because what you said worked.  I recreated an
original template of a wedding invite and made sure I recreated all the text
from scratch. I saved it as an ordinary native .xcf file. I closed it and I
closed GIMP. I reopened GIMP and reopened the file and voila there are editable
text boxes! Happy Days!!!!

So the process of creating a jpg file compresses the original even though you
are not saving your original as a jpg file! I thought that was what saving it as
a jpg file was for! Not changing the original! Well I've learnt my lesson and a
big thanks to Ofnuts and Patrick for their help!

--
LeccyD (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)