Re: [Gimp-user] Problems Opening 2.8.20

On 03/15/2017 11:43 AM, LeccyD wrote:

So the process of creating a jpg file compresses the original even though you
are not saving your original as a jpg file! I thought that was what saving it as
a jpg file was for! Not changing the original! Well I've learnt my lesson and a
big thanks to Ofnuts and Patrick for their help!

You save XCF and you export JPEG.

Exporting to JPEG does not modify the image you got in GIMP, provided
that you do not do any additional steps to it. You do not have to do any
additional steps to facilitate the export.

--
Regards,
Michael