[Gimp-user] How do you close the tool boxes?

Rich2005,
Bless your heart, that worked perfectly! If you hadn't pointed that little arrow
out, I'd never ever have seen it!! I do have somewhat poor vision, I'll have to
put my nose on the screen next time I'm stuck, lol
I'll take a look at your demo next.
Thank you so very much! :)

You have found yourself an old 'tutorial' that is probably giving poor
advice anyway.

After installing Gimp you might see something like the screenshot.
Individual 'windows' - dialogs can be closed by clicking on the little
left pointing arrow which brings up a menu.

However

Gimp 2.8 has a single window mode which has certain advantages for
beginners. First thing you should do is in the gimp menu Windows click
on Single Window Mode which combines the default 3 windows into one.

For a demo of what you can do, see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQz0zCyVFJU

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--