Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp does not open images - unknown file message

Hi Minikin,

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 16:28:36 +0100
Minikin <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Hi Minkin,

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 17:41:20 +0100
Minikin <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
here on mageia linux v6 I am able to open this image perfectly fine -
http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/bin-puzzle-2016-05-04.png
. Can
you try:

1. Opening that particular image.

2. Sending us an image that you are unable to open.

regards,

    Shlomi

Hi Shlomi.

1. No Gimp does not want to open the image you linked to (see image
attached). I even have to chose "All files" when I want to open an image
because Gimp does not even find images.

I see.

2. I will attach an example of an image I want to open.

I uninstalled and installed Gimp again. Same problem.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/496/original/IMG_1081.JPG
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/497/original/pscreen.png

GIMP here opens that greyscale JPEG photo of a dog fine. It's possible you have
some problems with plug-ins. If you're not afraid of using the command line /
console / terminal / etc. you can try using dtruss (see
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=strace+os+x&ia=web ) or similar to see what is going
wrong (or at least compress the dump and send it to us for analysis).

Regards,

-- Shlomi