[Gimp-user] How do you close the tool boxes?

Yes, I'm sure you gathered by the question that I'm totally new to GIMP, lol.
I pulled up a tutorial for beginners and it said when you open gimp you may see
a lot of boxes open, close them all except the tool box and the main window.
I can't find a way to close any of them!
I know... duh, right?? But there's no x, no "close", I can't move them. I'm
totally flummoxed!
I hope you can help a poor little ole newbie! :D

--
Meenie (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)