Re: [Gimp-user] How do I get the lasso tool to stop adding lines?

There is something here it would be well for software developers to keep in mind: The human mind is not a
computer. It does not work from logic alone. (A case can be made that it rarely, if ever works logically.)
What is logical and forthright to one human will be obscure to another. Sometime it seems astonishing to me
that humans can communicate at all.

The interaction between programmer, machine, and user is like the following analogy:

A person who speaks Tagalog is talking to a person who speaks Urdu, through a translator that understands
both Tagalog and Urdu, but actually thinks in Swahili. Things don't always come across as intended.

Over time (less when the programmer is good) all three start to understand not the others' languages, but the
way they think. That is what is happening here. However, I think the consensus is that it isn't the way the
software is written. It's the fact that learning any advanced graphics software is, at times, mind boggling.

Ross