[Gimp-user] How to reduce image file size while retaining width/height of image?

Hi,

I would like to reduce the file size of an image.  But I would like to retain
the width/height dimension.  Basically, I frequently need to do this to post
images of screen grabs to forums when I have a question and want to show the
important elements.

I've found the Tools -> Transform Tools -> Scale.

I've searched for scale related posts but don't see how to reduce the file size
without affecting the width/height of my image.

Many thanks,

--
rhimbo (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)