[Gimp-user] How do I get the lasso tool to stop adding lines?

My impression is that it isn't usability, but rather documentation.
While I found the tool fairly intuitive, a number of tips in this
thread I would never have figured out save by accident. The problem
with an "intuitive" tool design is that it isn't necessarily intuitive
to everyone. This is especially true when one is attempting to learn a
program while doing a project. If that project has a deadline, it
compounds the problem within the user's mindand the human mind is a
very peculiar squirrel. As a friend of mine once remarked, a project
with a deadline is not the time to learn a new technology.

Good documentation, either as "tool tips" or in some written form,
however, can only do so much, and nothing if one does not RTFM, for
whatever reason. That's one reason lists like this are such a good
resource. They are generally quicker than searching through a massive
tome for the answer.

Ross

I feel the frustration of the OP, as I too had the same issue when I first
started out.  This is not a usability issue at all.  There is NO WAY that
everything in a program can be totally intuitive, and to expect that is just
silly.

I do love forums such as this though, as I never knew you could go back and
change the position of previous points as you go along.  That is awesome!

--
steven8 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)