Re: [Gimp-user] How to close the Tab bar in Single Window mode

On 02/28/2014 12:00 PM, scl wrote:
On  28.2.2014 at 5:44 PM Elle Stone wrote:
What if the Tab bar were configurable to be larger or smaller? Could the
Tab bar could be configured to have a draggable and/or options menu
range from say 0 or 10 pixels (for people who really don't want the Tab
bar, I can't be the only one) up to say 128 pixels wide for people who
want really large thumbnails?

Hi Elle,

Peter had this in mind, see
http://blog.mmiworks.net/2009/09/gimp-single-mode.html

It seems that this part is just not implemented yet.

Somehow I'm also missing parts of the spec:
http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Single-window_mode_specification#docking_and_tearing_off

I read through the above two links. It seems that being able to resize the Tabs bar is something that was intended to be and might eventually get implemented? When I decided to try Single Window mode for the first time, I actually did expect that the Tabs bar would resize by dragging the edges, but of course it stubbornly refused to.

In multiple windows mode the Toolbox gets as narrow as you like in. But in Single Window mode the Toolbox width is determined by the widest docker. It would be nice to be able to make the Toolbox as narrow as you like in Single Window mode.

There are places in the user preferences where the relative size of thumbnails can be set. But those preferences don't seem to affect the Tabs bar thumbnail size in Single Window mode.

Thanks! for the links.

Elle