Re: [Gimp-user] Close up color gaps

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Yanno <ian osburn gmail com> wrote:
I'd like to close up those whites so there are only red and orange
patches
ie for the white border to be filled with the colour on either side. The
rub
is I want to keep the colors solid- no blurring/feathering etc

Select by color, Select->Grow, fill with the color, repeat for each color?

While filling DON'T use bucket - You'll end up with thin white lines
inside Your county.
Use brush and You'll get nice sharp borders.

Other option is:
1) Use wand (Press [u]), click on county
2) Set county's color as foreground color (press [o], click on county)
3) Turn selection into path (icon in paths card/window)
4) Deselect county / select all (press [control] + [a])
5) Paint along the path (icon in paths card/window) - in pop up window
You select thickness of line.
6) Repeat steps 1 to 5 for each color (for each county)

Good luck
Dominik Tabisz