Re: [Gimp-user] How to close the Tab bar in Single Window mode

On 02/28/2014 11:11 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 7:48 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

The Tab bar shows thumbnails. The Images docker in the Toolbox shows
thumbnails and also file names, which are essential for cases where all the
open images are similar (for example, one denoised, one not denoised).

Personally, I don't feel the need for removing tabs altogether, but
would really appreciate a kind of switch that we already have for
icon/text in dockable dialogs, so that it would be possible to see
just file names instead of a thumbnails.

Or perhaps/also the option to see the file name when hovering over the thumbnail on the Tab bar, like a tooltip?

What if the Tab bar were configurable to be larger or smaller? Could the Tab bar could be configured to have a draggable and/or options menu range from say 0 or 10 pixels (for people who really don't want the Tab bar, I can't be the only one) up to say 128 pixels wide for people who want really large thumbnails?