Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 1:07 AM, vitalif wrote:

What constructive actions can be applied? I think these are:

1) Just make a configuration setting for enabling/disabling the format
restriction for Save.

2) I think that even disabling the restriction on a permanent basis without
adding any settings also won't harm anyone. Those who like Export will be able
to still use Export, and those who dislike Export will be happy with normal
Save.

3) Make an online poll on some well-known site (so a sufficient amount of users
could vote) to understand real proportion between those who like and those who
dislike the save/export feature. Something like "What option is better?" with
the choices like: "Only one Save command", "Save + Export, without restricting
the Save formats", "Totally separated Save and Export (with Save being
XCF-only)", and "Don't care".

The code of conduct clearly suggests not posting repetitive arguments.
None of your suggestions are new. We already provide answers to all of
them. I understand your frustration, but this is an official warning.

Alexandre