[Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

...then you should already be aware that how you choose to phrase
something has a very strong impact on how everyone else perceives you.
:)  If you look like a troll....

I think sometimes it's not too bad being a troll...

I'm sure the simplification of all the same use cases could be achieved without
breaking anyone's experience - for example it would be sufficient to just add
"export" with all formats supported as an "additional save state" for those who
want "non-destructive rasterization without closing the previous document", and
to not remove any formats from the "save" menu for those who don't want it. And
I'm sure it's enough to just ask for the closing confirmation if an image is not
saved to XCF for fool-proofness...

And I highly suspect that nobody will really listen to these words in any case
(no matter if I would phrase them like a troll or like an elf). Because it seems
authors have a "determined vision" and want to force everyone to that vision. So
because of that suspicion I talk like a troll, yeah :-(

--
vitalif (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)