Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 11:14 -0500, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
[...] I just copy/paste and
scale as needed but I cannot work on anything else until I anchor it.

Actually you can also click New layer in the layers dalogue to turn the
floating selection into a layer, and then you can work on other things.

Very frustrating when I want to adjust something underneath to match it
while it is still a separate layer (and I would like to keep it a
separate layer, too).

You can indeed.

Liam