Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:14:20 -0500
From: jnagyjr1978 gmail com
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

I had meant to send this on-list yesterday...didn't realize my error
until Richard replied off-list.

Don't forget the 'floating selection' layer that prevents you from
editing any other layer in the image. Excessively frustrating when
you're looking to use one particular image in a variety of ways. That
plus the new save vs. export is very workflow breaking.

Right.  So if I may correct my previous response then . . . . the one change GIMP ever made which broke my
personal workflow in the biggest, ugliest way possible was not 2.8's Save/Export.  It was when GIMP 2.4
changed the default click-and-drag select behavior from "float and move selected region of pixels" to "move
selection mask only".  I was . . . not happy about that.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com