Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Site Redesign

Liam R E Quin wrote,

On Thu, 2013-04-18 at 20:51 -0400, Sam Gleske wrote:
On Apr 18, 2013, at 8:39 PM, Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> wrote:

Why not? "Hey, Julie, do you have the download link for gimp?" "Yeah,
it's... uh... I can't find it" "I wanted to run gimp on my iPad.."

That's my point.  GIMP doesn't run on anything but desktop
applications.  I don't see the need for a link to download files on a
mobile in our case; iPad included.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear.

GIMP does run on some mobile devices today; that number is likely to
increase. for example, Android, but you're right that it's not the main
focus of development.

In addition, someone using a mobile device might look for the download
link to give to someone else, or to save for later. Or I might want to
download GIMP when I'm in a coffee-shop to take back to my home where I
don't have good bandwidth.

Although it's common to make a mobile-specific Web site that's stripped
down, the main functionality should all be there.

Liam

Agreed. Maybe my home internet has failed and all I have for the time being is a mobile device and I still want to download.

--
Bob Long