Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Site Redesign

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Kasim Ahmic <kasim ahmic gmail com> wrote:
 To be completely honest, I purposefully avoided mobile support. Considering
that GIMP is a desktop exclusive program, I figured that adding mobile
support would be a waste of time. If there is enough demand for it, however,
I'll attempt to add it.

I would at least have a look at adding something like bootstrap.
Adding a few classes to your divs and you'd be 99% done.  Most
elements would then scale to fit tablets/mobile, etc.

Use case A: I'm out at the bar and talking about design work.  My
companion mentions how all the software you need is expensive.  I
point out GIMP can handle quite a bit, esp when it comes to web and
photos.  My companion asks "can it do X"?  I look it up on the site.
Site looks bad == project looks bad.

Use case B: Loss of internet connection, no local help installed, but
access to web via a mobile data plan. Easy to access the docs on the
phone.

I doubt these cases are common, really - but using something like
bootstrap or unsemantic doesn't take long and handles them nicely.

Just my opinion really - I see it as a relatively small amount of
effort even if the gains are small.

Chris