[Gimp-user] Sticky state of windows in Gimp 2.8

Solved.

Thank you so much. I checked out the reference that you gave me and found that
the hint for docks and toolbox was "Utility" I changed it to "Normal", restarted
and all is well the windows behave as all others.

Thank you again . Thanks. Thanks.

Xfwm unfortunately handles utility windows differently from most other
window managers. See the GIMP manual for a way to work around the
problem:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-window-management

Setting both hints to "normal window" should work.

As far as I know the window management specification is vague on this,
and many other, subjects. Which leads to programs and people
disagreeing
on which window types should be used for which purposes.

--
nitram2001 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)