[Gimp-user] Editing text along a path

I am new to Gimp and have loaded 2.8.  I have been using it to create graphics
for the pin-back buttons I make.  I have been using the Photoshop 1" button
template located on this page:
http://buttonmakers.net/blog/new-photoshop-templates/  I'll attempt to attach
the template to this post.

The template has the words "perimeter text" that follows the inside of a path on
the template.  In the video demo on the same page in which the user used
photoshop to demonstrate, she just hovers over the text with the mouse after
selecting the text tool and is able to click on it and just change the exsisting
text.  I have not found this to be the case using Gimp.  Is there a way I can
easily edit this text, or do I have to create my own text along the path?  If I
have to create my own text along the path, how do I make it so the text follws
in inside edge of the path?

Thanks for you help.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/4/original/100.psd