Re: [Gimp-user] Reply via List Headers [was: Re: Calm and rational Save/Export workflow report ; )]

On 05/11/2012 09:39 AM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
Von: Richard Gitschlag<strata_ranger hotmail com>

Then the real question is why every time I hit Reply, Hotmail prefills my
form with the individual user's email instead of the mailing list's, and I
have to change it every time before hitting Send.  GIMP or otherwise,
minor impediments like these are quite annoying.

That probably happens because Hotmail doesn't handle the List headers that are part of each message, e.g.:

gnome org?subject=unsubscribe>
gnome org?subject=subscribe>

It should be rather easy for Hotmail's developers with their near limitless resources to implement a List
Reply feature (or make Reply behave differently for list mails, although this may break other users'
expectations). Additional features like links to the archive, unsubscribe or subscribe would be possible as
well.

HTH,
Michael

Michael,

I use Thunderbird 3.1.10 -- not the latest version, but quite happy with it. This version of Thunderbird does the same thing (replies to the individual poster, instead of the list).

In the last few years, the Gimp lists are the _only_ lists I receive that result in this behavior.

Jay