[Gimp-user] Calm and rational Save/Export workflow report ;)
- From: Chris Mohler <cr33dog gmail com>
- To: gimp-user-list gnome org
- Subject: [Gimp-user] Calm and rational Save/Export workflow report ;)
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 16:14:25 -0500
To quickly outline today's workflow:
The final output I need is a TIFF with 1-bit indexing, and the source is a JPEG.
1. Open JPEG with GIMP
2. Do some masking, etc.
3. Save as XCF
4. Some more masking, tweaking, etc.
6. Flatten, convert to 1-bit indexed
7. Export TIFF
8. Close image
On 8, I get the warning about discarding changes - which of course I
ignore to keep the info saved in step 5. I need to keep the XCF in
either color or greyscale with extra layers/paths/etc but I also need
to produce a flattened 1-bit image before exporting as TIFF. So I'm
going to see (and ignore) the warning with this sort of project. I
guess I could do a 'Save As' and name it something like
'myproject_flat.xcf' after step 6, but it would be a useless file - I
would never need it.
I'm not arguing either for or against the 2.8 behavior - just pointing
out at least one use case that has (seemingly) slipped through the
Thoughts? No flame wars please :)
] [Thread Prev