Re: [Gimp-user] Calm and rational Save/Export workflow report ;)

(Damn it, why doesn't this mailing list have a proper reply-to address?)

From: strata_ranger hotmail com
To: cr33dog gmail com
Subject: RE: [Gimp-user] Calm and rational Save/Export workflow report ;)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:19:21 -0700

I have personally encountered this type of case a number of times myself -- when an image is 'dirty' (unsaved changes), exporting to another format does NOT reset the image state back to 'clean' again, even if there was no data to be lost with the chosen file format.  As a result, GIMP asks if you wish to save any changes (in XCF) when you quit.

This is annoying and a minor hindrance to non-XCF workflows.  In your case specifically, it also poses a very real risk of losing a lot of potential XCF data when you exit.  But I am not sure it can be necessarily fixed.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com