Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Or instead of the GIMP developers assuming that the users of GIMP are too stupid to know what they want, they
could just let the user make all the decisions in a modal fashion.

If I start GIMP and generate a New file, bring up the usual file dialog with all the types of files that GIMP
knows how to save and let the user select one filetype -- .xcf, jpeg, tiff -- whatever.  Then when the user
eventually clicks Save, the file is saved as that type of file -- .xcf, jpeg, tiff -- whatever.

If the user wants to save it as a different type of file he clicks Save As and proceeds similarly to just
about every other computer program that allows saving of work.  I am the better judge of what file format I
want to save my work as than a programmer somewhere else in time and space.

Why are the GIMP developers interposing their own preferences on all the people who use and support GIMP?
They are making this a much more complicated and contentious problem than it needs be