Re: [Gimp-user] Why I went back from GIMP 2.8 to 2.6.x

On Jul 1, 2012 12:24 AM, "John Coppens" <john jcoppens com> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:01:32 +0400
> Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
>
> > "most of the people who like it have nothing much to say about the subject."
>
> Which means that _you_ take the liberty of assigning sentiments to
> people who do not express their opinion. You effectively say:
>
> 'The people who say nothing much on the subject, like it change'.

I think it's generally acceptable to all that this particular conversion had been dominated by a relative handful of loud complainers. Besides the original thread, the other ones which keep popping up seem to indicate authors which have specifically signed up for this list to rant (since they obviously did not read the previous complaints).

It gets boring after a while, more so for devs even. Just give it a rest and stop using gimp if this is such a pain. Despite the noise, I haven't actually seen much evidence for there being a significant number affected. Not that an open source project is necessarily a democracy anyway.