[Gimp-user] Why I went back from GIMP 2.8 to 2.6.x

These are the reasons why I went back from GIMP 2.8 to GIMP 2.6.x:

1.) The free text field in the "Open file" view has been removed, or at least I couldn't find it. A frequent
use case for me is to copy a fully qualified file name (i.e. including the path) of an image and to paste it
to the "open file" view of GIMP... Not possible anymore? Why? Progress IMHO is if possibilities grow, not if
they disappear.

2.) I open a JPEG and I want to save(!) it as JPEG. Why is GIMP starting to domineer over the user now (like
e.g. MS Windows has been doing all the time) by changing the file type to XCF and forcing the user to
"export" the image (that was opened as a JPEG!) if he wants to save it as a JPEG again? Progress IMHO is if
things get easier, not if they get more complicated.

3.) The calculation of the image size of JPEGs when saving in preview mode is buggy, i.e. the size is way too
high (GBs instead if MBs). Of course, this is only a minor bug which will be fixed soon (if it isn't
already). I just wanted to note it.

Now I am really happy with GIMP 2.6.x again.

Thank you though for GIMP! :-)

Johannes