Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

* maderios<maderios gmail com>  [08-12-12 10:06]:
The problem is not "to understand" !  All I know, all I see,  is that the
change "save" and "save as" in Gimp-2.8 complicates my life too.
I use working method with Gimp-2.6 that allows me to save much time and
sweat. Unfortunately   this method is impossible with Gimp-2.8, so,
logically, I no longer use Gimp-2.8.
Problem would appear to be *selective* reading of the list as Akkana Peck
has provided a plug-in to provide your desired action *and* posted notice
here.

This is final unless Gimp-2.6 facilities "save" and "save as" are
available again.  I wish this was a problem of adaptation, it would have
been simpler.  This is not the case.
I don't believe *threatening* the developers with *your* decision will
have *little* effect.
I present here just my personal point of view.
Developers do what they want ...

May be interesting.
Upstream disconnected from the user base ?
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-April/107586.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-April/107603.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2012-May/107697.html