Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

On 08/11/2012 11:40 PM, Gfxuser wrote:
On 11.08.12 at 23:19 maderios wrote:

For me, "export" word is useless and confusing. Export to what? To jpeg, png, xcf, tiff ? It depends on the file where you start. You could start with a jpeg and want to export to .xcf, or the contrary....

Hi Maderios,

the 'save and export' behaviour as been discussed at the mailing lists during the last months very widely and thoroughly. There's also an article about it at http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/gimp-2.8-understanding-ui-changes. Please be so kind and check them first. Judging from the amount of postings to only this one topic I guess all your questions and concerns are answered there.

Best regards,

grafxuser
Hi grafxuser

The problem is not "to understand" ! All I know, all I see, is that the change "save" and "save as" in Gimp-2.8 complicates my life too. I use working method with Gimp-2.6 that allows me to save much time and sweat. Unfortunately this method is impossible with Gimp-2.8, so, logically, I no longer use Gimp-2.8. This is final unless Gimp-2.6 facilities "save" and "save as" are available again. I wish this was a problem of adaptation, it would have been simpler. This is not the case.

Another problem in 2.8:
When you open a file like bird.jpeg, the file name "bird.jpeg" doesnt appear in the title bar. I only see "bird imported".......
It is very important to see in the window which file type you edit.

Best regards
Maderios