Re: [Gimp-gui] GIMP shows a thumbnail in taskbar rather than its icon

Hi,

On 2015-10-24 08:44, Michael Natterer wrote:
On Sat, 2015-10-24 at 01:39 -0300, Gez wrote:
El vie, 23-10-2015 a las 19:19 +0200, Jehan escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On 2015-10-23 19:10, Michael Natterer wrote:
> >
> > I meant the thumbnail, sorry.
>
> Really? Which version of GNOME? Do you use any plugin? Aryeom and I
> both
> have been using GNOME for the last 3 months and we don't see the
> thumbnail. Even deactivating all my plugins, so bare GNOME 3.16, I
> have
> no thumbnail as GIMP icon.

I think I know what Mitch is talking about. I've been using gnome
since
the first versions of Gnome 3 and I remeber having seen that iconized
thumbnail right where he says it is. Actually, I remember having
asked
devs if it was possible to increase the resolution of that thumbnail
make it more useful in the Gnome sidebar (it was scaled up from a
smaller version and it looked ugly).
That seems to have changed, probably after Gnome 3.12, I'm not sure.
Currently I only see the Wilber icon everywhere and not the thumbnail
anymore.

I'm on Debian unstable, latest GNOME 3.18.1, and the thumbnail is
in both the side panel in the overview and in the alt-tab view.

I tried disabling all extensions, and the thumbnail is still there.

Do you have a screenshot? I'd like to open a bug report to ask GNOME how this works and why some have this or no!

Also there is one thing you haven't told us: do you actually find this useful? Now that I don't have this feature anymore, not only do I not miss it, but I come to remember that there were times where it indeed proved to be a bother to find the right window, just like the initial bug reporter raised.

The "thumbnail-icon" idea seems interesting "on the paper", but I'm not sure it holds its part of the deal on the long run.

Jehan

--Mitch