Re: [Gimp-developer] Reporting bugs for 2.9.5?

On 01/11/2017 06:59 PM, Thorsten Stettin wrote:

I understand, but I need to provide packages for Ubuntu LTS versions at
least. I'll do my very best regarding backporting. Shit!

Not necessarily - you could decide "no, users of LTS versions where
dependencies are not available aren't going to get the bleeding-edge
development versions of GIMP.

Or you could try to switch to one of the emerging package formats like
AppImage or Flatpak et al and provide 2.9.x this way. This might also
help with having both 2.8.x and 2.9.x available to the users at the same
time, thus maximizing their ability to compare their behavior.

--
Regards,
Michael