Re: [Gimp-developer] Reg:Usuage of the Gimp for my Organization

Licence is not misspelt. If you are outside of the States, that's how you
spell the noun form of "license".
http://grammarist.com/spelling/licence-license/

The revisions suggested does not answer whether the work done in GIMP is
yours, and does not mention that your work in GIMP is not even governed by
the licence, or that you can use it for professional work. I think this is
an important point, because that's what people ask about. The percentage of
people asking about modifying the code is tiny compared to the people who
just want to use the program as-is for creative work. Very few users even
know what it would take to download and modify the code, and I'd rather not
confuse people in what amounts to an introduction to the software. I think
it's good enough to mention it's FOSS, include the link as I've done, and
sure, maybe switch a few words around. Not to mention it's useless for
people to read through the license when it does not pertain to usage of
GIMP as a graphics program for professional work. It's just one more thing
to confuse people, when what they want to know (use case) is not covered by
the license in the first place.

My 2p.