Re: [Gimp-developer] wtf with the download?

Hi schumaml

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 05:41:34PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:
On 05/07/2015 10:25 AM, C R wrote:

Is the torrent listed first to save bandwidth on download.gimp.org?

Yes, and to also force Bittorrent knowledge upon users.

I favour changing this to a link to get the installer exe directly. I
say this from my own perspective: If I am downloading some free software
application for Windows, I'd prefer a direct link to the installer by
default rather than getting the torrent file. It is just convenient.

Also, as someone else said, forcing Bittorrent use upon users is not our
agenda. We can have it as an option. Right now, the big large "Download
GIMP 2.8.14" Windows download link is counter intuitive to most users'
expectation.

                Mukund