Re: [Gimp-developer] OSX

On  14.9.2014 at 10:38 AM Simone Karin Lehmann wrote:
Hi Sven,

I’ve downloaded your build and I’m experiencing the exact same issue.

The language selector only shows system language and en_US.

thank you for reporting back.
It seems to be a relocation issue. To reproduce the issue tried both
- revoking read permissions from the original build prefix and
- renaming the original build prefix.
In both cases I only see 'System language' and 'English (en_US)' now
in the listbox. Reverting these changes brings the other languages
back immediately (without restarting GIMP).
This would also explain to me why Partha and users of his build have
the same issue (see his mail from 11.09.14 12:35 PM).
I'm just trying to make the code in
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/app/widgets/gimplanguagestore-parser.c?h=gimp-2-8#n124
relocatable. Perhaps that would fix it.

And it seems to me, that your build is picking up languages from OS X System Preferences, and even uses all
other languages in System Preferences as fallback, if the primary one is not complete (as for Gaeilge)

Oh, where in the code did you see this?

Kind regards

Sven