Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

On 01/15/2014 07:08 AM, Chris Mohler wrote:

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Ofnuts <ofnuts laposte net <mailto:ofnuts laposte net>> wrote:

        On 01/14/2014 01:43 PM, Chris Mohler wrote:

            And yet the desktop menu in Mint/Cinnamon does precisely
            this and it
            *is*  fast.  I type "Win-key,c,h,r,Enter" and have
            Chromium running.
            Easy.  Faster than the menu navigation.  I go without
            clicking an item
            in the system menu for weeks at a time, on a desktop I use
            daily.

    I don't think it is applicable here because you can be pretty much
    mouse-less on a desktop so that you can type everything with two
    hands.

    In Gimp you have only one hand (the other one is on the
    mouse/tablet). Either you lose time going back and forth between
    mouse and keyboard to use both hands on the keyboard, or your
    non-mouse hand goes in hunt-and-peck mode on the keyboard half it
    is not accustomed to.

So I'm the only one using keyboard shortcuts then? You actually File->Save with your *mouse*? How to you enter text on your text layers?

Inputting text for text layers is a completely different matter.

I do use shortcuts (including Ctr-S and Ctrl-E...) but these are mostly on the left side of the keyboard. Ctrl-shift-N is already rather awkward despite my long fingers. The [] tp set the brush size are out of reach (on my AZERTY, these require the AltGr key). I mostly switch tools using the tools palette (where I removed those I seldom use and added some others).

What I would love is an extension of the Tool palette to include filters.