Re: [Gimp-developer] Search Action dialog feature

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM, peter sikking <peter mmiworks net> wrote:
- even if TITo response time is instant, keyword formulation ->
  typing in a text based interface is not exactly fast;
  please drop the ‘its fast’ argument;

And yet the desktop menu in Mint/Cinnamon does precisely this and it
*is* fast.  I type "Win-key,c,h,r,Enter" and have Chromium running.
Easy.  Faster than the menu navigation.  I go without clicking an item
in the system menu for weeks at a time, on a desktop I use daily.

Nor do I see adding a text-driven action/menu system as any sort of UI
failure. or being in the least bit "misguided".  What's inherently
evil about adding shortcuts to get things done?

And if some labels aren't clear in TITo, might they need to be looked
at anyway - maybe they really are ambiguous or could be worded better?
 The couple mentioned in the BZ report seemed a little funky.

(note: I haven't checkout out the TITo branch - only watched a couple
of videos, went through the spec and the bug report.)

Chris