Re: [Gimp-developer] non-destructive editing and adjustment layers

What about all the plugins using the legacy APIs found at registry.gimp.org
and other places?

They will still look and behave differently :)

Personally, I think that if someone has the time to implement a
"system-wide" mechanism to detect what kind of plug-in was called, and
warn about upcoming loss of data, that would be quite OK :)  But
_maybe_ this shouldn't be top priority for the time being.

That mechanism does exist, we just need to decide whether we want
to warn if such a plug-in used.

If this mechanism does exist, of course we do need to warn whenever
any plugin that loses precision is used....